Join us for our annual Blessing of the Animals on Sunday, October, 2nd. All animals - whether on leashes, in crates, boxes or bowls, or under saddle - and their humans are welcome. If your animal BFF can't come, bring a picture or a stuffed animal as a stand-in. Animals and their humans don't have to be Lutheran to be blessed. We're celebrating all of creation!
We'll gather on the front lawn of Redeemer Lutheran Church, New Paltz, New York, at 9:30, for the blessing and approximately a 25-minute worship service.
We will also have a "love offering" dedicated to helping raise funds for the Humane Society of Walden - a no-kill animal shelter. The primary mission of this organization is to provide care while finding permanent, loving homes for the many animals that come to their door. If you cannot attend this special worship event in person but would like to donate to the Humane Society, you can do so via our secure donation platform.
So, bring your pets to be blessed, and help us to bless the pets of others!
Following the blessing and worship, refreshments will be available.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hybrid Worship
When does worship begin?
There's a place for you here!
On Sunday mornings, our hybrid worship begins at 9:30am. We hope to see you Sunday, in-person or online.
What safety measures are in place?
- Masks - At this time, masks will need to be worn properly over both mouth and nose by everyone, whether we are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Singing - CDC guidelines do allow for singing while keeping masks on so that we as a congregation can sing while masked in person.
- Communion for Hybrid Worship
- Holy Communion is being offered in-person and also remotely.
- The bread and wine for in-person worship will be prepared by someone who is masked and gloved.
- The communion bread will be distributed by the pastor after he has sanitized his hands and re-donned his mask.
- The wine will be distributed in individual glasses by an assistant after the assistant has sanitized their hands and re-donned their mask.
- Pastoral Practices During Worship
- Pastor will be masked during all of worship except for the sermon and when presiding at Holy Communion.
- When unmasked, pastor will maintain the recommended 12 feet of separation between himself and others who are present.
What will my worship experience be?
Welcome is at the heart of our mission, so whether you're new to Redeemer, you've worshiped with us only online, or in-person, you're welcome here.
While the format of our worship has changed some to better support online/hybrid worship, it's still an uplifting experience that gives all praise and glory to God in Christ, and feeds and nourishes us through the presence of God in Community as we pray and sing, laugh, cry and learn.
How Do I Connect to Worship Via Zoom?
Connecting couldn't be any easier. On Sunday morning, using an Internet connected computer, smartphone, or tablet, click the "Join Worship" button below!
Make sure to grab a copy of the worship bulletin before you connect
NOTE: If you plan to use the Zoom application, please install this prior to joining worship to have a better online experience. Don't have a computer? No worries, you can still join by phone. Simply dial: (646) 558-8656 When prompted, enter the meeting ID: 3393810725#
Support Christ's Mission!
Please consider making a donation to support Christ’s work through Redeemer, New Paltz for the world.
Giving is easy and quick using our secure and easy to use form. Click the "Donate Now"