- Written by Redeemer
- Category: Worship
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.”
Worship is at the heart of all that we do and all of who we are as Christians; chiefly an opportunity to praise and give glory to God in Christ, yet also a time when we are fed and nourished by the Word and Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion, nourished by the presence of God found in Community as we pray and sing, laugh, cry and learn.
Joyously intergenerational, we worship in a format and style rooted in history and tradition, yet open to innovation and the experimentation necessary to carry the Gospel to the world. Within a continuity of worship structure we employ organ, piano, guitar, bass, and drums; a more traditional choir and the Redeemer Jam Band, time indoors and out, and an integrated Sunday Morning Youth Ministry.
Worship Forward: Hybrid Worship Begins
We are calling this “Worship Forward” because we are not going back to worship as we knew it before the pandemic. Instead, with God’s help we are prayerfully planning our way forward for the sake of sharing the gospel boldly and authentically through both in person and online worship!
Frequently Asked Questions About Hybrid Worship
When does worship begin?
On Sunday mornings, in-person Sunday school begins at 9:15am, and our hybrid worship at 9:30am.
There's a place for you here!
We hope to see you Sunday, in-person or online.
For information about our upcoming Holy Week & Easter Hybrid Worship Opportunities, please visit our Holy Week & Easter web page
What safety measures are in place?
- Masks - At this time, masks will need to be worn properly over both mouth and nose by everyone, whether we are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Singing - CDC guidelines do allow for singing while keeping masks on so that we as a congregation can sing while masked in person.
- Communion for Hybrid Worship
- Holy Communion will continue to be offered via one element (bread) in-person and also remotely.
- The bread for in-person worship will be prepared by someone who is masked and gloved
- The communion bread will be distributed by the pastor after he has sanitized his hands and re-donned his mask.
- Pastoral Practices During Worship
- Pastor will be masked during all of worship except for the sermon and when presiding at Holy Communion.
- When unmasked, pastor will maintain the recommended 12 feet of separation between himself and others who are present.
What will my worship experience be?
Welcome is at the heart of our mission, so whether you're new to Redeemer, you've worshiped with us only online, or in-person, you're welcome here.
While the format of our worship has changed some to better support online/hybrid worship, it's still an uplifting experience that gives all praise and glory to God in Christ, and feeds and nourishes us through the presence of God in Community as we pray and sing, laugh, cry and learn.
How Do I Connect to Worship Via Zoom?
Connecting couldn't be any easier. On Sunday morning, using an Internet connected computer, smartphone, or tablet, click the "Join Worship" button below!
Make sure to grab a copy of the worship bulletin before you connect
NOTE: If you plan to use the Zoom application, please install this prior to joining worship to have a better online experience. Don't have a computer? No worries, you can still join by phone. Simply dial: (646) 558-8656 When prompted, enter the meeting ID: 3393810725#
Support Christ's Mission!
Please consider making a donation to support Christ’s work through Redeemer, New Paltz for the world.
Giving is easy and quick using our secure and easy to use form. Click the "Donate Now"