- Written by Redeemer
- Category: Worship
"All go to one place; all are from dust, and all turn to dust again." -- Ecclesiastes 3:20
Ash Wednesday is more than simply having an ashen cross placed upon your forehead. It's a time of renewal, it marks the beginning of Lent, the time where Christians around the world publicly enter into a time of repentance and contemplation, and marks the beginning of our pilgrimage toward Easter.
As with last year, this year continues to bring us face to face with things we will miss and opportunities to build new traditions. Though we will miss being in person for our Ash Wednesday services and midweek Lenten study and worship. Yet in the midst of the grief and challenges of this pandemic, God’s grace with its persistent nature of blessings, is doing new things.
We hope that you are able to gather with us for our Ash Wednesday and Lenten opportunities.
- 5:00pm Ashes to Go (2/17) - An opportunity to receive ashes in person at Redeemer at 5pm. For those who wish to receive ashes, please drive into the back of the church parking lot, with masks on and ready to roll down your windows. Pastor Tobias will be there with his mask on, and will offer ashes and a blessing for each person in the car. You may then pull forward and take a moment to ponder Christ's infinite grace and desire for forgiveness.
- 6:00pm Ash Wednesday Service (2/17) - We gather together virtually in fellowship and in worship of God for our Ash Wednesday evening service. We hope you'll join us.
- 6-7pm, Wednesday Evenings (2/24 - 3/31) - "Messy Spirituality": Lenten Study and Worship. Each Wednesday evening during Lent, we will meet via Zoom to deepen our faith and wrestle with the question of what it means to pursue messy spirituality. If you can, please purchase a copy of "Messy Spirituality" by Michael Yanonelli. Each session will conclude with a brief vesper worship including scripture, prayer, and song.
When does hybrid worship begin?
We look forward to having you join us.
What safety measures will be in place?
- Masks - At this time, masks will need to be worn properly over both mouth and nose by everyone, whether we are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Singing - CDC guidelines do allow for singing while keeping masks on so that we as a congregation can sing while masked in person.
- Communion for Hybrid Worship
- Holy Communion will continue to be offered via one element (bread) in-person and also remotely.
- The bread for in-person worship will be prepared by someone who is masked and gloved
- The communion bread will be distributed by the pastor after the pastor has sanitized hands and re-donned a mask.
- Pastoral Practices During Worship
- Pastor will be masked during all of worship except for the sermon and when presiding at Holy Communion.
- Will maintain the recommended 12 feet of separation between him and others present while he is unmasked.
What will my worship experience be?
While the format of our worship has been changed some to better support online/hybrid worship, it's still an uplifting experience that gives all praise and glory to God in Christ, and feeds and nourishes us through the presence of God in Community as we pray and sing, laugh, cry and learn.
How Do I Connect to Worship Via Zoom?
Connecting couldn't be any easier. On Sunday morning, using an Internet connected computer, smartphone, or tablet, click the "Join Worship" button below!
Make sure to grab a copy of the worship bulletin just before you connect
NOTE: If you plan to use the Zoom application, please install this prior to joining worship. Don't have a computer? No worries, you can still join by phone. Simply dial: (646) 558-8656 When prompted, enter the meeting ID: 3393810725#
Support Christ's Mission!
Please consider making a donation to support Christ’s work through Redeemer, New Paltz for the world.
Giving is easy and quick using our secure and easy to use form. Click the "Donate Now"